How is the weather in Phuket in May?
- How is the weather in Phuket in May?
- Phuket averages in May
- Things to do in Phuket in May
- Phuket prices in May
- Rain Chart for Phuket in May
- Rainfalls and temperatures in Phuket in May
- Phuket weather each month of the year
- More about the weather in Phuket
- FAQs about Phuket Weather in May
- Q. What is the average temperature in May in Phuket?In May, the average temperature in Phuket is 32°C during the day and 28.7°C at night.Q. How many rainy days in May?In Phuket, during May, the rain falls for 15 days, with an average rainfall of 259 mm.Q. What is the water temperature in May?In May, the average water temperature is 30°C.Q. What is the average length of a day in May in Phuket?The average day length in May in Phuket is 12h 34 min. The sunrise is around 6.20 am, and the sunset is around 6.45 pm.Q. What should I pack for May weather in Phuket?In October, the sky is mostly blue and the temperature very comfortable, so you should pack very light.
May is the last month of the high season in Phuket, and the weather in Phuket sees a shift from April as the monsoon is approaching. Temperatures and humidity remain very high, so it can be uncomfortable if you are not used to it. Fortunately, May sees the first tropical rains arriving (if the climate is not too messed up), and those sudden evening showers are refreshing.
The vegetation turns brown, and water storage is sometimes a problem for hotels. Even the few Phuket waterfalls are running dry and may not be worth visiting at this time of the year.
It will certainly be hot, but Phuket being such a small island, there is always a beach nearby where you can refresh in the ocean. The sea is usually calm and clear, but the monsoon will bring the first wave and dangerous tides. It would be best if you considered booking a hotel with a great swimming pool to avoid disappointment. Just remember to protect your skin from the sun and drink water!
Phuket averages in May
Things to do in Phuket in May
There are no special events in Phuket in May. You might find shopping malls unusually attractive with their intense air conditioning or to hide from occasional tropical rains! May is when the Similan Islands close for the low season, so you should check beforehand if you want to visit them.
May is the mango season, and this is your chance to enjoy Khao Niaw Ma Muang (Mango Sticky Rice), one of the most loved desserts in Thailand. This cheap but delicious treat is available all year round and easy to find in many restaurants, but April to June is when the fruit is the sweetest and tastiest. Read about Thai deserts here.
Phuket prices in May
While the cost of living doesn’t change much, hotel prices decrease as the low season approaches.
Rain Chart for Phuket in May
Rainfalls and temperatures in Phuket in May
|🌡️ Average day temperature||32°C|
|🌡️ Average night temperature||28.7°C|
|☀️ Average sunny days||12 days|
|☔ Average rainy days||15 days|
|🌧️ Average rainfall||259.5 mm|
|💧 Average humidity||79 %|
|🤿 Water temperature||30°C|