How to plan a trip to Phuket in 2024?
When planning a trip to Phuket, there are several key factors to consider: When to go, how long to stay? where to stay, what to do and not to miss, how to get around, what you should know, safety, etc.
Selecting the right season is key when planning a trip to Phuket. Most visitors prefer to come when the sky is blue and the risk of rain is at its lowest.
- Phuket has mainly two seasons: the high season from December to April and the rainy season from May to November. In addition, we also identify two special times in the year: The peak season, December and January, which are getting busy because the weather is at its best with blue sky but not yet hot. The hot season is April and May when the temperature can reach 35 C and feel even hotter because of the high humidity.
- The high season means blue sky and quiet clear blue sea, but also high prices, busy beaches and town and a lot of traffic on the road.
- The rainy season is much cheaper; beaches, towns and roads are quiet, but the sea can be rough, and while it won’t rain every day, you know it will rain on some days.
Phuket Weather can and will impact your holiday, so deciding the best month to visit Phuket is key and also depends on what you like to do during your holiday ... Read More
Which is the best month to visit Phuket? What will Phuket weather be on the month I arrive? What is the best month to visit Phuket? These are questions we get very often ... Read More
Once you have decided when to come to Phuket, the next questions will be about the duration of your stay.
- If you come from Asia, 3 to 5 days may be long enough.
- If you travel from Europe, staying at least a week would be best, but if you plan to enjoy some lazy days on the beach, 10 days to 2 weeks in Phuket is probably better.
Everyone pictures their holidays in Phuket differently, and Phuket can offer different settings to please almost anyone. Contrary to what some people seem to enjoy saying, not all the beaches of Phuket are busy. Some are very quiet, but you know how it is: crowds follow crowds without doing any research, then seem to enjoy complaining.
- If nightlife and parties are high on your holiday agenda, stay in Patong. Many hotels face the beach, and many cheaper hotels are at the back of the town but still within walking distance.
- Kata, Karon and Kamala are popular with families and travellers more laid back, and these have a lot to offer in terms of shopping and dining, but nightlife is limited.
- Bang Tao is the new popular part of Phuket Island with 4 and 5-star large resorts and many great dining options!
- Mai Khao Beach is the most romantic and quiet beach in Phuket, with amazing 5-star resorts and a long deserted beach.
- Phuket Town is getting popular for those who are less beach-focused and prefer to experience a more Thai holiday. Keep in mind that Phuket town is 20 kilometres away from the closest beach, which can be far if you plan to go there every day.
Picking the right beach to book your hotel can and will significantly impact your holiday. There are 44 beaches in Phuket, and they can be divided into four categories, plus Phuket Town. The beaches where most people book their hotels are Patong Beach, Kata ... Read More
With more then 40 beaches around Phuket, deciding which one is the most beautiful is a challenging question to answer since everyone likes a beach for so many different reasons. Somehow, there are two kinds of beaches in Phuket: those where people book their ... Read More
Here are the best hotels in Phuket we loved the most. We stayed and enjoyed them all and would recommend any without hesitation. Selecting a great hotel in Phuket is part of your holiday and will be a memory you will bring back home ... Read More
Staying in a true beachfront resort in Phuket is the obvious dream of most people travelling to a tropical island. The beaches of Phuket can be pretty amazing, and there are thousands of hotels here now, but those right on the sand are minimal, ... Read More
There are so many things to see and do in Phuket and around, amazing landscapes, Phuket Town, beaches and islands, night market and amazing Thai food. We wrote many pages to help you plan your trip and list the best places to explore.
The list of things to do in Phuket is endless from the incredibly vast range of attractions, activities and tours, fabulous beaches and natural wonders to glittering temples ... Read More
What are the best places for your Instagram photos in Phuket? Pictures and selfies have become part of our lives. They are a fantastic way to keep travel memories alive for a very ... Read More
There are so many big and small islands around Phuket; it would take forever to visit them all. Most are not far, and you should consider island hopping for your trip or even ... Read More
There is a lot to explore in and around Phuket, and many places are easy to reach, so what are the Best Phuket Tours? Some other great places need a boat or a ... Read More
Planning a Trip with Kids!
Travelling to Phuket with kids is much easier and safer than most people imagine. Hotels in Thailand have high standards, higher than in most Western countries, even the budget ones, and Thai people ... Read More
Phuket is a great destination for families as there are many fun things to do in Phuket with kids and the whole family. Of course, you could spend your entire holiday on the ... Read More
Finding the right family resort in Phuket is as challenging as it is important. Phuket has a great range of hotels that appeal to families, from cosy guesthouses with local charm to sprawling ... Read More
Travelling to Phuket with young children Travelling to Phuket with children can be stressful, but it's actually safe and fun for the whole family. Just in case you are worried, we listed below ... Read More
How can I get ready?
Here are a few pages that will allow you to start your holiday without worrying or asking around: what to pack, where to change money, and how to get around.
Planning a trip to Phuket can be stressful whenever you travel to a new destination for the first time. There are many unanswered questions, and the stress grows proportionally if the cost is ... Read More
Where to change money in Phuket and where to get the best exchange rates? If you are on budget, exchange rates can make a difference ... Read More
How to get around Phuket? Phuket Taxis, Tuk Tuks or Buses? What is the best way to get around Phuket? Finding the right transportation can be a worry as Phuket doesn't have a ... Read More
'What should I take to Phuket?' is a question everyone asks on their first trip, just the way it always is when travelling to any new destination, and Phuket is no different ... Read More
What should I know, and what should I avoid?
Here are a few pages to help you prepare for your trip, what to pack, where to exchange money, and how to get around, but also about safety, the do’s and don’ts of Phuket, and the few rare scams of Phuket.
Like in any country, there are a few do's and don't everyone should respect and a few things you should not do in Phuket ... Read More
Is Phuket safe? Some answers and guidelines Yes, Phuket is safe, probably safer than most other countries. Of course, the experience might differ for each traveller, but overall, if you follow the common-sense ... Read More
There are a few scams in Phuket, just like in most tourist destinations around the world, and you should be able to recognise them if they ever happen to you ... Read More