What to do in Phuket if you only have 1 day?
- What to do in Phuket if you only have 1 day?
- In the Morning
- 1. Enjoy the beautiful Kata Beach
- 2. Stop for a short time at Karon Viewpoint
- 3. Admire the superb Nai Harn Beach
- 4. Enjoy a panoramic view at the Windmill Viewpoint
- 5. Find the small Ya Nui Beach
- 6. A quick look at Promthep Cape
- 7. Have lunch in Rawai or Bon Island
- In the Afternoon
- 8. Big Buddha
- 9. Wat Chalong
- 10. Explore Phuket Old Town
- In the evening
- 11. Chillva Market or Phuket Street Market
- 12. Simon Cabaret or Phuket Fantasea
- Phuket One Day Itinerary Map
- More Phuket itineraries
- How many days do you need in Phuket for a great ho...
- 2 Days in Phuket ☀️☀️ What to Do in Phuket in 2 Da...
- 3 Days in Phuket ☀️☀️☀️ What to Do in Phuket in 3 ...
- One Week in Phuket – What to Do in Phuket in...
What to do in Phuket if you only have 1 day? If you rent a car or hire a mini-van with a driver for only 1 day, you probably want to see as much as possible without being exhausted at the end of your day. We list some places to discover in the south of Phuket, where most landmarks and things to see and do are. We used Patong Beach as a starting point, but it would work the same for Kata, Karon and Kamala Beach.
Most landmarks and famous points of interest are in the island’s south. Of course, Phuket and its surroundings have an incredible array of islands, beaches and amazing landscapes for you to enjoy if you have more time, but if you are limited by one day only, this itinerary works pretty well.
From our research, you can expect to pay 350 baht per hour, but if you want to rent a car, we gathered some information about car rental companies and car rates here.
This is not an exhaustive list; you could add many more things to this itinerary, but it’s a good start.
In the Morning
1. Enjoy the beautiful Kata Beach
Kata Beach is the second most popular beach after Patong, with a wide crescent of powdery sand and clear waters (at least during the high season) and lined with tropical trees.
2. Stop for a short time at Karon Viewpoint
Karon Viewpoint is worth a short stop to admire the panoramic view of three amazing beaches from a high vantage point: Kata Noi in the forefront, Kata beach in the middle and Karon Beach in the far.
3. Admire the superb Nai Harn Beach
Nai Harn has always been a favourite beach for tourists, locals and expats alike because hotels did not invade the place. Only the beautiful Nai Harn resort has the privilege of offering amazing views of this pristine beach. If you happen to be hungry during your day trip, a few Thai restaurants are waiting for you in the shade of giant casuarina trees, as well as shops and massage shops.
4. Enjoy a panoramic view at the Windmill Viewpoint
Phuket windmill viewpoint (the only wind turbine in Phuket) is an easy-to-access viewpoint offering beautiful panoramic views of Nai Harn and Ya Nui Beach, as well as the tiny island locally called Koh Man.
5. Find the small Ya Nui Beach
Ya Nui Beach is a charming tiny bay tucked in a cove between the Windmill Viewpoint and the famous Promthep Cape in the very south of Phuket Island. It looks like a secret beach, but it is very well known and can be busy sometimes. If you feel like enjoying the spot a little longer, there are two small restaurants by the roadside where you can enjoy inexpensive Thai food or even a drink. You can even rent kayaks on the beach. Read more
6. A quick look at Promthep Cape
In the Afternoon
8. Big Buddha
9. Wat Chalong
Phuket town is not very big, but you might want to keep an hour or two exploring the historical streets of Thalang, Dibuk and Soi Romanee, do some shopping, stop at one of the many lovely little coffee shops and even try real local food at Raya Restaurant or Tu Kab Khao restaurant.
In the evening
Most tours will take you back to your hotel around 5 or 6 pm, but if you are on your own, you can also plan some evening activities to make the most of your day out.
Phuket One Day Itinerary Map