Paste Bangkok Restaurant
Paste Bangkok restaurant in Gaysorn shopping center is another clue that Bangkok dining scene never ceases to evolve and improve. Paste is not new, it started in Sukhumvit and already made a name over there. This new place is more convenient and it just got better. Located at the top floor of this exclusive mall in the heart of Siam, Paste Bangkok restaurant is beautiful but a little intimidating. You can sit at a ‘normal’ table or in one of the little alcoves near a floor to ceiling window facing Centralworld shopping mall. Actually while the alcoves are a lot more attractive, the sitting is not all that comfortable.
Paste Bangkok serves a beautiful modern Thai cuisine that respects the original ingredients and adds a delicate touch to each dish. It is more than a fancy meal, it really is a culinary discovery. The food arrives at the table at the right pace, it doesn’t look like much but it is important as service is part of the dining experience. We ordered 4 dishes for 2 persons, wondering if this was enough as modern cuisine often serves small portions. Actually 4 dishes were just right allowing just enough room for dessert.
We picked 5 dishes:
- Superbly presented northern Chiang Mai salad of fresh water river prawn with roasted banana chili, char grilled tomatoes & pink mempat (400 baht)
- Miang betel leaves of Irish creamy oysters with ginger, roasted coconut, popinac & galangal jam (450 Baht). Betel leaves are often used in Thai dishes and have a very unique taste and you really should try it… a beautiful and unique mix. River prawn salad (800 baht).
- Slow cooked Australian beef cheek with fresh northern ‘Hang-Lay’ curry paste, pickled garlic, ginger, lemongrass & dry spices (700 baht)
- The big winner was the steamed wild sea bass fillet with white turmeric , fennel & lemongrass ‘lon’ sauce, absolutely fantastic (700 baht).
- Dessert was Lemongrass and white turmeric Panna Cotta with Chiang Mai strawberry and som saa ice cream, fresh mango, berries and dragon fruit (400 baht) but while it was beautifully presented it appeared a little too complicated below expectation…
Verdict? Paste Bangkok is a winner that makes it to the top 20 best restaurants in Bangkok and is you are in the Siam area of Bangkok, you definitely should save a meal and try it.
Paste Bangkok Restaurant
Lunch: Mon – Sun 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm
Dinner: Mon – Sun 6.30 pm – 23.00 pm
ペースト バンコク を日本語で読む
Paste Bangkok Location Map